Maintaining health and safety in the workplace is essential to successfully navigating COVID-19, as we move from crisis to a “new normal” and reopen the economy. To earn the trust of employees and customers, companies are encouraged to enact procedures and protocols that minimize the introduction, exposure or spread of COVID-19 in the workplace.
From the start of the COVID-19 crisis, the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) and MMAC have partnered to provide expert advice through webinars and various resources.
As we move to the next phase, MCW and MMAC continue to partner by sourcing and vetting information to develop a toolkit to help businesses identify risks and implement health and safety procedures. The toolkit provides a one-stop shop for information, guidance and resources to get your business up and running as safely as possible. Updates to the toolkit will be implemented as more resources and information become available. Disclaimer >>
Stop the Spread
COVID-19 spreads easily through touch and respiratory droplets. It’s important to take basic steps to protect your workforce, facilities and customers to reduce the spread.
As we learn to live responsibly with COVID-19 around us, these preventative measures are critically important for both your workforce and customers, here’s why:
Social/physical distancing prevents the virus from spreading through touch and proximity
Cleaning and disinfecting destroys the virus
Face coverings prevent the spread of the virus through speaking, coughing, or sneezing
Employees should stay home when not feeling well to eliminate personal interaction and remove the risk of transmission
Handwashing or using hand sanitizer (60% alcohol content) destroys the virus and prevents transmission through touch
Below are some tools you can use for your Smart Restart and for continued health and safety over time.
Steps to prepare & protect
- Identify a health and safety champion or team in your organization
- Identify your local health department contact
- Review WEDC industry specific guidelines for your business type
- Use the Restart Checklist to safely open
Your public health department
- Local health departments protect and promote the health of people where they live, work and play
- Local health departments are important partners through COVID-19 to:
- Help respond to cases and outbreaks
- Provide information on signs and symptoms
- Visit the Wisconsin Department of Health Services to locate your local health department
Health & Safety Checklist
The Business Restart Checklist was developed based on national and local best practice guidelines. Review the below checklist to identify risks and implement health and safety procedures to prepare and protect your