Board ProfileExperienced CEO and Associate Director offering 20 years of non-profit experience distinguished by commended performance and proven results; demonstrated knowledge in strategic planning, budget development, program development, building community relationships, public relations and overall organization operations. Strong organizational, leadership and problem-solving skills, with a strong track record of running a successful organization.
African American Alliance
WAFCA (Wisconsin Association of Family and Children Agencies)
National 100 Black Women
Council on Child Abuse (Secretary)
Outreach Community Health Centers – Milwaukee, WI 2016 – Current
Interim Chief Executive Officer
- Ensure that OCHC has an effective management team below the CEO.
- Prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise Management to ensure meeting the agency’s mission and objectives.
- Oversee the organization’s local and national image.
- Oversee an effective revenue cycle including patient billing.
- Review, approve and perform all grants.
- Perform and/or oversee all fund raising of the organization.
- Ensure the flow of federal funds and compliance with Federal requirements.
- Act as the resource to the management staff and all employees to resolve inquiries, issues and problems.
- Oversee the provider network to meet the primary health care, behavioral health and social service needs of patients and clients.
- Ensure maintenance of high quality, efficient services to patients and clients.
- Consistently strive to achieve the organization’s financial and operating goals and objectives.
- Ensure the organization achieves and maintains a satisfactory competitive position within the industry.
- Formulate and oversee the implementation of OCHC policies.
- Serve as the chief spokesperson for the organization.
- Participate with local and national agencies and act as an advocate for all patients and clients.
My Home, Your Home, Inc. – Milwaukee, WI 2006 – 2016
Chief Executive Officer
- Maintained and oversaw fiscal operating budget of over 4 million annually.
- Developed and maintained annual campaign, silent auctions, fundraising events and gala’s annually, by raising over 100,000 in revenue.
- Implemented the strategic goals and objectives of the organization in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Developed and maintained the organizations culture, values and reputation.
- Provided direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s philosophy and mission.
- Supported operations and administration of the Board.
- Oversaw company operations to ensure production efficiency, quality service, and cost effective management of resources.
- Oversaw the design, marketing and promotion of the offered programs and services.
- Oversaw and managed volunteers and staff.
- Developed and implemented organization policies and procedures.
- Recruited and selected Executive team members.
- Fostered and maintained community relationships.
- Fostered relationships with Federal, State, and county organizations to aide in securing funding for the organization.
My Home, Your Home Inc. – Milwaukee, WI 1999-2006
- Assisted the CEO with staff development.
- Assisted in the development of annual budget.
- Participated in the planning and implementation of new programs.
- Assisted in establishing and implementing long range goals and objectives.
- Oversaw the development of policies and procedures.
- Coordinated the grant application processes to maintain compliance.
- Maintain annual reports.
- Provided direct supervision and leadership to program managers.
Children Outing Association (Lapham Park) – Milwaukee, WI 1997 – 1999
Program Director (Family Services)
- Developed programs for the residence of the Lapham Park
- Fostered relationships and liaised with community organizations.
- Monitored and tracked progress of programs.
- Streamlined existing, and implemented new policies, procedures and programs.
Recognition & Awards
Doug Jansson Emerging Leadership Award – The Greater Milwaukee Foundation – 2011
Black Women’s Network Award – 2010
Recipient of the Black Excellence Award – 2009