Board ProfileIrene is a strategic Qualified SEC Financial Expert with global industry sector expertise in manufacturing, financial services and insurance. She is a frequent presenter to the Snap-on Incorporated board, sits on two large non-profit audit committees with cyber security expertise, investment and risk management track record, corporate finance wins and introduction of technology and data mining tools for over 15 years. Irene has lived in Europe, and has been involved with M&A transactions in the US, Canada, Europe and Japan.
MADISON DEARBORN PARTNERS, LLC (MDP)—A $23B management buyout and venture capital firm 2020 – present
Basic Industries Advisory Group Member
Work with MDP Basic Industries Sector Team in an independent (non-MDP-employee, non-MDP-officer, non-MDP-affiliate) capacity assessing potential North American-based global corporations for MDP portfolio company acquisition consideration.
ALZHEIMER’S ASSOCIATION—The national board for the global leader in Alzheimer’s/dementia advocacy 2020 – present
Board Director, Audit Committee Member with additional working group focus on cyber security and investment management
GOODWILL INDUSTRIES of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc.—A $300M nonprofit 2011 – present
Chair, Board of Directors; Audit/Risk/Compliance; Nominating/Governance; HR/Compensation; Executive Committee
Guide Goodwill management on financial reporting, financing, retirement funds, governance, CEO performance assessments, new Board member approvals; and overall strategic direction and vision of the organization, including special projects.
SNAP-ON INCORPORATED— A $3.7B NYSE-listed B2B manufacturer of global specialty accoutrements 2010 – present
Senior Board Member for SN SecureCorp’s captive insurance company based in Malta and C-Suite Executive for Snap-on SecureCorp’s captive insurance company in Bermuda, actively involved with these two insurance firms’ national and global boards:
- Oversight of the company and its control and accounting systems.
- Input into and final approval of management’s development of corporate strategy and performance objectives.
- Reviewing/ratifying risk management, internal compliance/control systems; codes of conduct; legal/regulatory compliance.
- Monitoring outsourced contracts performance and implementation of strategy, and ensuring contracts are appropriate.
- Approving and monitoring financial and other reporting.
SNAP-ON INCORPORATED, Kenosha, WI 2010 – present
A $3.7B NYSE-listed B2B manufacturer of global specialty accoutrements/systems for critical undertakings
President/C-Suite, Snap-on SecureCorp—two captive insurance firms with double digit annual revenue growth (2014 – present)
Run captive insurance companies with full P&L responsibility, solid growth. Engaged in GAAP/statutory financial statement preparations.
- Strategized leveraging brand equity with premium pricing and superior customer service, resulting in 85% participation/purchase of captive insurance by franchisees with almost a 100% retention rate and 50% profit margins.
VP/C-Suite, Snap-on Incorporated | Snap-on Credit Corporation (“SOC”)—a $2B captive finance company (2010 – present)
Responsible for Treasury operations, corporate/franchisee risk management, and global financial services, including: corporate finance, captive credit, insurance (auto, general, product liability; crime; cyber security; D&O; E&O; fidelity; umbrella coverage).
Manage financial statements, accountable for full P&L, lead 300 employees with SOC President /SOI Treasurer as direct reports.
Actively contribute, as part of parent company’s Disclosure Committee, in SEC financials, including reviews; approve 10Qs/10Ks.
- Present to Board annually regarding capital structure, captive credit company financials, and D&O insurance coverage.
- Participate in China, Portugal, Spain, and Italy international board meetings.
- Introduced dashboard summary that succinctly covers capital structure, insurance, and risk.
- Increased the operating income of captive finance companies over 200% in eight years.
- Coordinate cyber security team: led initiative for Cyber Security readiness, resulting in a breach being effectively stopped.
Prior positions were with CABOT CORPORATION, a $3B NYSE-listed global diversified specialties material manufacturer with 80% revenues generated in Europe, Asia, and South America; PHILIPS, a €18B Euronext-listed Dutch multinational technology company; and CS FIRST BOSTON working with global M&A, off-balance sheet financings, and structured synthetic leases for manufacturers.
Recognition & Awards
CRAIN’S 2020 Notable Women in Manufacturing
Treasury & Risk Management Alexander Hamilton Award for Working Capital Management
Samuel W. Bodman Cabot Awards for Excellence for Working Capital and Japanese acquisition due diligence, hedging and integration project
Philips Electronics President’s Excellence Award for Best in Class management if digital commerce roadmap initiatives
Graduated magna cum laude and phi beta kappa Brown University