Board ProfileKaren Hung provides C-suite corporate executive and executive team experience in General Management, Strategy, Marketing, Innovation, Human Resources. She has experience across a number of sectors including financial services, healthcare, retail and branded apparel, consumer packaged goods, durable goods, and technology services. Roles she has held: Chief Marketing Officer; Senior Vice President, Strategy, Innovation, New Product Introduction; Chief Strategy and Business Management Officer. Ms. Hung is a founder and entrepreneur, active as a community leader and teaches at University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee Lubar School of Business.
Ms. Hung serves as a Board of Director on a number of Boards including;
Florence Eiseman Company, Ascension Healthcare of Wisconsin.
In addition to being a Director, Karen also serves on the Board Executive Committees of
- Junior Achievement of Wisconsin
- Rotary Club of Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- Harvard Business School Club of Wisconsin (Immediate Past President)
She provides additional Board leadership as Committee Chair in Strategy, Governance, Marketing and Advocacy across a number of Boards.
Karen has executive leadership experience in a variety of functions: Marketing, Strategy, Innovation, and Human Resources – Human Capital.
She held various corporate roles:
- Global Chief Marketing Officer, Lands’ End ($2 billion);
- Senior Vice President, Strategy and Innovation, GE Consumer Finance ($23 billion net assets)
- Citigroup global business line P&L ($150mm) and product management, alliance and partnerships, eCommerce development
- VP, Marketing, Ann Taylor Inc ($2 billion)
PersonalKaren holds a BA from Washington University and an MBA from the Harvard Business School. She is an adjunct professor of Entrepreneurship and of Leadership at the University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee and a member of Milwaukee Women Inc.
SectorCommercial healthcareFinancialNon-ProfitProfessional ServicesRetailTechnology
Functional ExpertiseHuman ResourcesMarketingOperationsPublic Relations
- Chief Marketing, Strategy & Business Officer (contractor) for MetLife Direct on the executive team that merged two business units with expected revenues to reach $1 billion. Reshaped vision for marketing, reduced cost of acquisitions by 17% and increased the Net Promoter Score. Increased sales year-over-year by 70%.
- Led and coached 3 global innovation teams at Johnson Controls – C-Suite visible projects. • Completed rollout of marketing transformation roadmap for AbbVie‘s US Commercial Business Unit. Interim leader for advertising, creative and media center-of-excellence with oversight of $500 million in advertising spend.
- Created strategic framework and integrated marketing plans to drive market authority and aspiration across all divisions of Lands’ End as SVP, Global Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Committee member. Transformed web and digital landscape. Increased market share in categories of strength.
- Impacted brand differentiation and positioning for customer acquisition and retention resulting in 20% increase in sales and profits and 17% CAGR for traffic increases while at Ann Taylor.
- Chief Marketing Officer and executive team member of a privately held, long term healthcare company.
- Other: SVP, Strategy and Innovation – GE Money. VP, Marketing – Ann Taylor. Global Product Head, Citigroup WorldLink, Chief Marketing Officer – Direct Supply