Board ProfileLori is an expert in financial management and internal controls, audit, governance and accounting. She has been serving on boards of directors for more than 20 years and on numerous committees including, audit, governance, finance, compensation and compliance. She also has served boards of directors in her role as an audit partner and chief audit executive. She has a keen awareness of the fiduciary role of a board member.
- Commerce State Bank – Board of Directors, Loan and Compensation Committees – 2018 to Present
- Community Care, Inc. Board of Directors, Compliance and Governance Committees – 2015 to Present
- Children’s Hospital and Health System Audit and Compliance Committee – 2012 to 2014
- Junior Achievement of Wisconsin- Board of Directors-2010 to 2017, Campaign Committee – 2012-2015
- Sojourner Family Peace Center Finance Committee 1999 to 2018, Board of Directors – 1999 to 2005
- St. Charles Catholic Parish and School, Hartland, WI – Secretary of Parish Council – 2012 to Present, School Commission – 2006 to 2009, Finance and Administration Commission – 2009 to 2012
- University of Wisconsin -Whitewater Accounting Advisory Board, President – 2005 to Present
- Tempo Milwaukee Board President 2003-2004, Board Treasurer 2001 to 2003, Board of Directors 2001-2005
- Public Policy Forum Board 1999-2006
University of Wisconsin System, Chief Audit Executive – 2014 to Present
RSM US LLP, Audit Partner and Milwaukee Office Managing Partner – 2007 to 2014
BDO USA, LLP, Audit Partner -2005 to 2006
Deloitte & Touche, LLP – Audit staff to partner in charge of Wisconsin Health Care Practice – 1985 to 2005
Recognition & Awards
Women of Influence – Mentoring 2013, Milwaukee Business Journal
Tempo International Distinguished Service Award, 2006
RSM LLP Achievement Award, 2011
PersonalMarried to Ron Stortz for 30 years. Mother of Nick and Alex Stortz, Ages 22 and 17. Active member of the community as a volunteer with many different organizations.
SectorCommercial healthcareFinancialManufacturingNon-ProfitProfessional Services
Functional ExpertiseAuditFinanceHuman ResourcesOperations
University of Wisconsin System
- Lead the System’s Office of Internal Audit and am responsible for providing independent, objective evaluation and consulting activities designed to add value, protect and strengthen the System.
- Developed and successfully led transformation of the Sytem audit function including implementation of a fraud, waste and abuse hotline and integration of all internal auditors across the System.
- Transformed internal audit from a compliance function to a value added consultative partner.
- Developed strategy and grew the Milwaukee office from a compensation consulting boutique firm to a full service audit, tax and consulting practice with over $5,000,000 in annual revenue.
- Built a $2,500,000 annual revenue book of business through organic growth, leveraging business network and collaborating with colleagues.
- Designed strategy and led business development and branding, migrating the firm from an unknown participant in the Milwaukee market to a recognized and viable alternative to the “Big 4.”
- Established the Wisconsin health care practice resulting in $1,000,000 in annual revenue and a client list that served as national firm references.
- Co- led the Great Lakes Region Women’s leadership group, resulting in completely eliminating the unfavorable “women’s turnover gap of 10%” in three years.
- Led recruiting strategy at the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater, securing very high quality candidates that met hiring needs and resulted in a stellar firm reputation with the College of Business and Economics leaders.
BDO USA, LLP
- Collaborated with firm regional and Milwaukee office leaders to transform the Milwaukee office to a growth office, including recruiting and hiring a world class business developer.
Deloitte & Touche, LLP
- Served as a trusted audit partner and business advisor to many middle market companies in Wisconsin, creating strong relationships with client leaders and board members who remained loyal customers through the years.
- Built and managed a $2,000,000 book of business through expert client relationship management and robust new business generation.
- Led the Wisconsin Health Care and Life Sciences Practice, adding the largest health care provider in the state to audit practice based on client list and reputation.
- Served as the Women’s Initiative and Diversity leader for the Wisconsin practice, eliminating the female turnover gap and significantly improving minority hiring and retention.