Board ProfileMarilyn is an experienced board member in both the for profit and not for profit sectors. She brings expertise in human capital management which allows her to quickly assess executive talent, work to ensure there is a viable succession plan and depth in leadership development. As a board member she has worked to ensure there is a clear strategy for fiscal growth and ESG concerns.
Nassco, Inc. Board member since 2018. Privately held distribution company located in New Berlin, WI. Marilyn is currently the first and only female member of the board.During her tenure Nassco has achieved:
- Year over year growth
- Multi-state expansion through acquisition
- Top-grading of the executive leadership team.
- Clear succession plan
Past Chair, Board of Directors, Current Governance Chair, Kathy’s House, Milwaukee WI. Marilyn has been on the Board of Directors of Kathy’s House, a hospital hospitality house located in Wauwatosa WI, since 2013. She served as Vice-Chair for 2 years before becoming the Board Chair in January of 2018. Prior to becoming chair, she helped create the organization’s vision and strategic plan. With the vision of becoming the national model of hospital hospitality houses, Marilyn led the board to accomplish the following during her tenure as board chair:
- Revitalized the board by bringing in 6 new strategically talented board members.
- Created an Executive Committee comprised of 50% women. Prior to Marilyn’s serving as Vice-Chair there were no women on the Executive Committee in the history of the organization.
- Ramped up the governance committee, appointed a governance leader and put renewed emphasis on board governance. This included a review and revamping of the by-laws and compliance.
- Launched a successful $12 million-dollar capital campaign to build a new Kathy’s House facility.
- Worked collaboratively with Froedtert Hospital leadership, The Milwaukee Regional Medical Complex, the city of Wauwatosa, and Milwaukee County to secure a location on the MRMC campus for a new facility.
- Worked with HGA Architects and CG Schmidt to finalize design of the new national model facility. The facility opened in 2021.
Chair, Administrative Council, Mequon United Methodist Church, Mequon, WI 2013-2015
The Administrative Council oversees the staffing, operations, and finances of the church. As the chair Marilyn led the council to accomplish the following:
- Development and execution of a balanced budget which had not been done for 6 years prior
- Eliminated 100% of debt
- 100% payment of apportionments
- 10% Membership growth at a time most churches were losing members
Marilyn Thiet is the President and CEO of EDGE Performance Acceleration. Marilyn began her career in the healthcare sector and then joined GE Healthcare working in their commercial organization. Marilyn was part of the team to launch the first commercially available MRI scanner. She left GE in 1986 and launched her first company, MedCon, Inc. MedCon focused in 2 areas, training and development and sales and distribution of MRI surface coils. Marilyn returned to GE in 1999 as part of the executive team for GE’s first indirect distribution channel. During her tenure they were able to grow the channel over 300%. From there she shifted her focus to leading talent development for the commercial organization in the US, LA, and Canada. The commercial organization was responsible for $6B in revenue.
After leaving GE, Marilyn worked for Fusion Sales Partners, an indirect distribution company in the healthcare sector. While there she worked to integrate clients such as GE Healthcare, IBM Cybersecurity Systems, and Kodak Medical Imaging. In 2009 Marilyn relaunched her consulting business and rebranded as EDGE Performance Acceleration. Marilyn and her team specialize in Executive Coaching, Strategic Planning, Leadership Development, Team Performance and Optimization, including Family Business Dynamics, Commercial Team Development and Improvement and Facilitation. EDGE’s global clientele include large corporations across multiple industries, national healthcare systems, as well as small-medium size businesses in both the profit and not for profit arenas.She has worked with the physician leaders of many of the country’s largest healthcare systems to help them rise above the current chaos of healthcare to provide exemplary leadership and clinical care.
For more specific information on Marilyn’s professional experience please visit her LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/marilynthiet/
For more specific information on Marilyn’s clients and partnerships, please visit her company website http://www.edgeperformanceacceleration.com/clients
Marilyn holds degrees in Radiologic Technology and Business Management. She is also trained and certified in Change Acceleration Process (CAP), Six Sigma, Professional Facilitation, Negotiating Skills, and Conversational Intelligence. She has her certification from the Private Directors Association. She is a Certified Business Coach through the Worldwide Association of Business Coaching and serves as a faculty member for the Global Institute of Organizational Coaching.