Attorney & Founding Shareholder, Renning Lewis & Lacy, s.c.
Extensive experience representing numerous municipal boards and serving on several not-for-profit boards. Industry-recognized attorney with deep experience in labor and employment law, government relations, and education law. Able to provide guidance and practical insight on collective bargaining and other labor and employment legal matters. Significant experience advising public school boards and other municipal boards concerning parliamentary procedures, policy review, preparation, and interpretation, decision making and consensus building.
Board ProfileShana Lewis is a trusted advisor to more than 40 public school districts across Wisconsin, with more than twenty years of experience with three law firms and teaching at two universities. Shana guides school and municipal boards and senior management in mitigating risk and addressing legal issues. Shana serves as Vice President for her law firm’s Board of Directors and was on the compensation committee for her previous law firm. Shana has served in leadership positions on numerous not-for-profit boards. She is a frequent speaker on matters of import for professional organizations and has been recognized in numerous publications across the State of Wisconsin for her legal expertise and leadership.
- General Legal Counsel to over 40 school districts for more than 20 years.
- Renning Lewis & Lacy, s.c. | Board Vice President/Board Secretary, 2015-Present
- Davis & Kuelthau, s.c. | Compensation Committee, 2013 – 2014
- American Players Theatre | Board Member/Finance and Human Resources Committee Member, 2019 – Present
- Greenridge Piers and Parks Association | Board Member / Secretary, 2014 – Present
- TEMPO Madison | Past President / President / Secretary / Board Member / Committee Chair and Member , 2016 – Present
- Theater Lila | Board President, 2015 – 2018
- Wisconsin School Attorneys Association| Board Member, 2013-2015
- Forward Theater Company | Board Member, 2012 – 2015
- A Fund for Women | Board Member / Special Events Committee Chair, 2011 – 2015
- Madison Repertory Theatre | Board Member, 2005 – 2010
- Renning Lewis & Lacy, s.c.| Founding Shareholder / Attorney 2015 – Present
- Davis & Kuelthau, s.c.| Equity Shareholder / Attorney 2011 – 2015
- Lathrop & Clark LLP | Partner / Attorney 2002 – 2011
- Cullen Weston Pines & Bach LLP | Attorney 1999-2002
- University of Wisconsin School of Business| Adjunct Professor 2020 – 2022
- Edgewood College| Graduate School Adjunct Professor 2005 – Present
Recognition & Awards
- Best Lawyers® in America – Education Law, Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, and Litigation – Labor and Employment (2013-2023); Labor and Employment Management “Lawyer of the Year” for Green Bay, WI (2021, 2018, 2016, 2023)
- Women to Watch, Brava Magazine 2016
- BV® Distinguished™ by Martindale-Hubbell® (2011-Present)
- Wisconsin Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine (2006 – 2013)
- 40 Under 40 List – Greater Madison InBusiness Magazine (2005, 2012)