Board ProfileManaged all governance matters for board of WEC Energy Group. Served as director on boards of its seven major operating subsidiaries, corporate business services company, and two charitable foundations. Serving as experienced board member and board committee chair for three large non-profit organizations. Currently serving as Board Chair of the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, the largest performing arts organization in Wisconsin.
2015 – 2018: WEC Energy Group Board of Directors for seven major operating subsidiaries, business services company, and two foundations
2011 – 2019: Milwaukee Public Museum Board of Directors; served as Chair – President/CEO Search Committee
2015 – present: Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra Chair, Board of Directors since 2020; Director; former Chair – Advocacy Committee, Governance Committee
2018 – present: Milwaukee Women inc Steering Committee member; former Director
2011 – present: United Community Center Board of Directors
2012 – 2018
WEC Energy Group — Executive Vice President, General Counsel, and Corporate Secretary
- Managed all governance matters of public company; delivered strategic advice and support to Board; directed governance of all subsidiaries.
- Conducted innovative outreach program to large institutional shareholders.
- Served as chief compliance officer.
- Successfully closed acquisition of another large public utility holding company, including managing strategy and processes to secure multiple federal and state regulatory approvals.
- Directed strategy and execution on all legal risks and matters; conducted internal investigations and directed defense strategies; oversaw legal and regulatory compliance with requirements of SEC, NYSE, FERC, state regulatory commissions, EPA, and state environmental agencies.
- Led development of enterprise risk steering committee, cybersecurity incident response protocols, and crisis response planning.
2007 – 2012
Wisconsin Energy Group — Assistant General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
2006 – 2007
Wisconsin Energy Group — Law Director, We Generation
2000 – 2006
Wisconsin Energy Group — Attorney, We Energies
1994 – 2000
Foley & Lardner — Attorney, Regulatory Department/Environmental Law Practice
1987 – 1991
Independent Writing Consultant
1976 – 1987
College Professor, English Language and Literature
Beloit College, University of Wisconsin Center-Rock County, College of St. Thomas
Recognition & Awards
2018 United Performing Arts Fund (UPAF) Community Campaign Co-Chair
2017 Woman of Influence Award – Corporate Executive, by Milwaukee Business Journal
2015 Best Corporate Counsel Award- Large Public Company, by Milwaukee Business Journal